Our Programs > Summer Camp
Hooray for Summer! The BEST season of the whole year. And we are preparing the BEST week of each child’s summer! That means:
- Activities you cannot do during the school year: Playing outside from morning until night! Catching fireflies, roasting marshmallows,
- Making new friends and hating to say good-bye,
- Silly skits and songs, games galore! Who needs TV?
- Bible stories that come to life: lessons learned by living them,
- New skills and adventures: make a craft or climb a mountain!
- Counselors who model Jesus, always watching, teaching, and caring.
- Providing for faith formation of young people as well as leadership development for the Christian church
We cannot wait to welcome your child!
A week at Lutheridge, Lutherock, or Luther Springs can provide support and guidance in your camper's faith journey. Visit our YouTube page to see interviews with parents who share the positive and life-long impact a week at camp has made on their camper. Or visit our blog to read a post about the impact of church camp on faith life.
Please know your child’s safety and faith development is our chief concern. At Lutheridge, Lutherock, and Luther Springs, our staff are carefully screened through extensive background checks and interviews, selected, and trained to be responsible care-givers and model faith. We are very proud of them. Your child will be part of a small cabin or adventure group with a college-age counselor always present. Christian community, making friends, and teamwork are stressed. Active Bible study and creative devotions offer each day to God. Programs at Lutheridge include activities such as crafts, swimming, games, hikes, singing, and campfires. At Lutherock, campers participate in the Group Interaction Course, ropes courses, loop hike, rockslide, ice cream making, singing, and campfires. Luther Spring campers participate in activities such as swimming, crafts, archery, singing, and campfires. Creativity is stressed so campers learn to dream up their own fun and every week is different than any other.
Our goal is for each camper to have fun, grow in skills and self-esteem, make new friends, and draw closer to Jesus - the best friend of all. We promise to do all we can to make this happen. Wander through our website for more information, or call our office if we can be of any help to you. Thank you for sharing your precious child with us.
Pastors Tim & Mary Canniff-Kuhn, Lutheridge Program Directors; Kara & Jacob Ridenhour, Interim Lutherock Program Directors; and Sue Mendenhall, Luther Springs Program Director